Provide us with a brief summary of your business’ services.
AmerisourceBergen is the 10th-ranked company on the Fortune 500 and one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies. We are a key link in the pharmaceutical supply chain, connecting our manufacturer partners to sites of care for human and animal health including healthcare systems, physician practices and clinics, pharmacies, veterinary practices and livestock producers. Powered by the more than 22,000 associates we employ worldwide, we touch nearly every aspect of the pharmaceutical supply chain, offering expertise ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement capabilities and pharmaceutical consulting for both human and animal health.
Tell us about your company’s mission and values.
Our patients depend on us to deliver life-saving medication, and our associates depend on us to foster an environment of diversity, inclusion and patient-centered care. By putting people first and maximizing our impact at the center of healthcare delivery, we fuel growth, move marketers and enable access to care for millions each day. AmerisourceBergen connects the healthcare industry, applying innovation toward everything from the way pharmaceuticals are sourced and distributed to the delivery of personalized patient care. To improve the treatment journey for each patient, helping them gain access to, afford, and stay on vital therapies that enhance their quality of life.
How do you stay engaged with trends that you see in your industry?AmerisourceBergen was built on a legacy of more than 100 years of excellence in pharmaceutical sourcing and wholesale distribution. Today, we are applying innovation toward everything from the way pharmaceuticals are accessed to the delivery of personalized patient care through looking at blockchain technology and artificial intelligence and finding ways to collaborate with rather than compete with newcomers to digital health like Amazon and Google, etc. As the industry evolves, we remain focused on growth and value creation, as well as advancing talent and culture.
Please describe your company culture.
We believe that work can be more than just a paycheck—it can also have a purpose. We provide our associates with access to professional development, health and wellness programs and educational opportunities, while taking care of our communities by helping them get access to quality care. And we’re building a more sustainable environment while fostering innovation, driving operational efficiency and reducing costs. Our success as a company depends on our associates’ ability to perform at their best. We take care of our associates by ensuring a safe, diverse workplace, encouraging personal wellness and by providing financial assistance to those in need through the Associate Assistance Fund. We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work by leveraging associate volunteering, product donations and corporate giving. In addition, through the AmerisourceBergen Foundation, we partner with non-profits that focus on access to health—both human and animal—to create healthier futures for communities around the world. In addition to $2 million in financial donations, last year our companies provided $9 million in over-the-counter medical products so qualified medical teams could dispense it to underserved populations while reducing waste.
We are also the recipient of many rewards that speak to our culture such as:
• Forbes World’s Best Employers (2018)
• Good Neighbor Pharmacy ranked #1 by J.D. Power for Customer Satisfaction (2017)
• Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (2020, 2019, 2018)
• Diversity Inc., Noteworthy Company (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017)
• Fortune’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies
• One of Philadelphia’s top places to work by Philly Inquirer for the seventh year in a row
• DiversityInc recognized AmerisourceBergen as a 2019 Noteworthy Company for the third year in a row
• #9 on Gartner’s annual Healthcare Supply Chain Top 25 list
• Good Neighbor Pharmacy was ranked first in Best Customer Service for Pharmacy by Newsweek
• The AmerisourceBergen Foundation was recognized at the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Faces of Philanthropy event for their partnership with Eluna Lash Group received a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
• Gold Certification for their second building in Fort Mill, SC
• For the eighth year Good Neighbor Pharmacy was recognized as the “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Chain Drug Store Pharmacies” in the JD Power 2019 U.S. Pharmacy Study
• Our Puerto Rico distribution center was recognized by FM Global with the “2019 Significant Progress Award.”
What defines a successful employee at your company?
Our associates take pride in creating healthier futures for patients worldwide. The ideal AmerisourceBergen candidate is driven by a desire to make a difference in people’s lives while embarking upon a rewarding professional journey.
What makes Columbus such a great place to do business?
Columbus is a special city. The city takes great pride in being not only a great place to raise a family but somewhere that you can grow your business as well. We are a city that attracts a talented and diverse workforce that we are proud to be apart of. I think AmerisourceBergen and Columbus share a lot of the same values and this has led to us becoming successful partners. We are excited for the futures of both AmerisourceBergen and Columbus!