From the broader economy down to your neighborhood, understand the factors impacting your business and find new opportunities to leverage.
The Columbus Chamber Research Team maintains a wide range of research and information, including private data subscriptions totaling in excess of $120,000 per year. In 2013, we fulfilled more than 200 research requests for nearly 150 of our members, from sole proprietors to our largest corporations. Here are some of the ways our members are using research.
- Find New Customers and Markets – If you are a B2B business, the Research Team can produce lists of businesses and individual contacts by industry, geography, number of employees, contact titles and other characteristics. If you are B2C business, we can analyze within Central Ohio or any other U.S. market by income level, education, household type, home value, consumer expenditure, etc. Case study: A document destruction company used research from the Chamber to find law firms, accounting firms and other major paper users. A high-end retailer used our research to determine the best neighborhoods in Central Ohio to target their advertising.
- Know Your Competition – The Research Team can help you learn who your competitors are, whether in a neighborhood or a larger region, as well as identify markets that are under-served or untapped. We can generate lists of businesses by industry, geography and other characteristics, and analyze this against potential market demand. Case study: A beauty salon chain used our research to locate their competition and see which parts of Central Ohio are under-served by their industry.
- Enhance Your Supplier Base – Whether it’s a widget or expertise, the Research Team can help you pinpoint the right suppliers and vendors. We can build lists of businesses by industry, geography, size, any required licenses or certifications and other characteristics. Case study: A manufacturer used research from the Chamber to find companies throughout Ohio that can provide the raw materials they need for their product.
- Attract and Retain Talent – Are you paying your employees a competitive wage? Have you created a new position in your company but aren’t sure what level of salary and benefits to offer? The Research Team has extensive labor market data to help you answer your workforce questions. Case study: A growing business services company used our research to compare wage levels in various metro areas in Ohio and beyond.
- Think Big Picture – The Research Team produces a number of economic reports throughout the year, available on the Chamber web site. In house, we maintain our own business databases and analytic tools on a wide range of subjects. The Research Team is also available to speak at conferences, strategic planning sessions and other events.
Anything Else? – Whatever research topic you have in mind, we are here to help. With more than 200 members served since 2012, trust us, we have handled all kinds of business questions. The Research Team can provide customized services based on your company’s needs.
Contact your Member Resources Specialist at email@example.com for access to the Columbus Chamber Market Research team.