Member Spotlight by Cal Timbrook, Site Director for The Emily Program
The Emily Program is nationally recognized for its compassionate, personalized approach to eating disorder treatment and lifetime recovery. The Emily Program’s team of experts combine evidence-based therapies with personalized integrative interventions. If you or someone you love is struggling with food, call 1-888-EMILY-77 (1-888-364-5977) today.
Tell us about your company’s mission and values.
At The Emily Program, we approach our work in eating disorder awareness, treatment, and lifetime recovery with:
- Passion for what we do
- Integrity in how we do it
- Respect for those we serve
- Service delivered in the way that works best for our clients
We are looking forward to connecting with other organizations and increasing awareness that there is a local resource for community members who struggle with eating disorders
How do you stay engaged with trends that you see in your industry?
We attend conferences, join professional organizations, and establish relationships in the field. It’s important to follow trends but to also be a leader in the field, especially when our services are so reliant on telehealth due to the pandemic.
What is your company culture like?
The Emily Program staff provides the best in individualized care for eating disorders. We are deeply passionate about the integrity of our work, providing excellence in delivery of care, and advocating for social change. Through our efforts, the environment here supports wellness; the agency is a rewarding place to work as well as an excellent place to receive care.
The Emily Program is a leader in evidence-based eating disorder treatment that combines a compassionate, personalized approach with proven, leading-edge methods. We are deeply committed to the clients we serve and are passionate about developing and delivering recovery methods that truly change lives.
Our team members enjoy the opportunity for professional and personal growth while working with world-renowned eating disorder experts to deliver individualized care, advocate for social change, and develop innovative treatments.
What does it take to be a successful employee at your company?
1) Flexibility – we are growing and always using best practices and that means there can certainly be change.
2) Putting Clients First- We often make decisions that can cause a little more work, but it is the right thing to do for client care, and leadership will always choose that. Wanting to be part of a culture that values that is important.
3) Teamwork – Someone who values working together is greatly important. From consulting and intensive programming to residential, the multi-disciplinary approach is important. We do not function like a private practice.
Columbus has a great mix of a small town feel with the advantages of a larger city. People can search and find what they need here. Additionally, it’s a growing city with lots of opportunities for its inhabitants.