The Best Tools for Starting a Small Business in Columbus, Ohio
Starting a small business can be challenging. There are numerous resources in the Columbus Region that support the growth of small businesses in our community:
- Economic & Community Development Institute (ECDI) is the best place to start your research when thinking about starting your small business. They offer classes, financing, connections and more geared to future business owners like you.
- Begin by answering these 20 questions from the U.S. Small Business Administration to make sure your business is off to the right start. Then follow these 10 steps to small business success.
- The State of Ohio offers a variety of guides to starting a business including even the most technical aspects like business planning, tax requirements, licenses and permits, financing options, and more.
- The City of Columbus offers tips for starting specific types of businesses like restaurants, day care centers, and salons.
- Interested in learning more in person? The Ohio Small Business Development Centers has a robust networking and educational event calendar, some of which are free to attend.
- If you want even more, Columbus2020 built a comprehensive list of additional resources to check out as well.
The Columbus Chamber supports businesses of all sizes. Invest in a membership for business connections, market research, talent consultation, and even government navigation. We can help your business reach the next level, whether that’s simply open for business or growing profits 10x.
Want more tips like these? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for the latest in your inbox.