Member Spotlight by Joshua Skeens, CEO
Provide us with a brief summary of your business’ services:
Cerdant was founded nearly two decades ago by a group of business and security professionals who believe that the cybersecurity offerings in the market today fall short of the needs of most businesses. Today, we specialize in providing comprehensive managed security services and deliver layered cybersecurity solutions to businesses of all sizes and verticals. Many companies suffer data breaches due to gaps in skills, staffing, and budget and we pride ourselves on helping fill those gaps. Our primary objective as a managed security solutions provider is to deliver a complete and comprehensive solution that provides the highest quality service and exceeds security and compliance need. Most importantly, our goal is to be the best partner for every one of our customers, every day.
Our Services include:
- Firewall Management
- PCI Compliance
- Secure Wireless Network Design and Support
- Endpoint Security
- Secure Remote Access
- Threat Detection and Response
- Network Traffic Reporting
- Email Security
- Security Assessment Services
Tell us about your company’s mission and values:
We are 100% driven by our mission to provide the highest level of customer experience and maintain a fierce dedication to our relationships. We still support the first customer we got in 2002. We all have customers, external and internal, and we believe that if service excellence and relationships aren’t our top priorities then we are failing.
What are the services you use the most (or are looking forward to using) from the Columbus Chamber?
We are looking forward to working with the Columbus Chamber to increase our business connections, network with local leaders and provide comprehensive cybersecurity consulting. We hope to engage and educate members on maintaining a secure network and how Cerdant can serve as a security provider they can trust.
How do you stay engaged with trends that you see in your industry?
Staying engaged with industry trends is at the forefront of Cerdant’s commitment to service excellence. We encourage and support all members of our team to stay engaged with cybersecurity and technology trends. We accomplish this by providing a variety of continuing education and training resources. We push our employees to obtain and maintain various industry certifications. In addition, we also host an annual cybersecurity event that focuses on providing an in-depth look at the current cybersecurity landscape and actionable tools to protect against today’s threats.
What is your company culture like?
The key to our success has been our focus on the growth and development of our team and having as much fun as possible while doing it. Our culture distinguishes us as an organization, expresses who we are and guides who we want to be. It draws us together and ensures our collective growth as an organization. We have a strong respect for work-life balance and promote a collaborative work environment. We coordinate regular team outings and training programs designed to grow our employees. We create and track employee growth blueprints for each employee to help them with their career advancement at Cerdant. Management values, recognizes and appreciates the contribution that team members make. Employee appreciation is a constant at Cerdant, not an afterthought. Promotion is based on merit and not tenure or titles. At Cerdant, you can grow wherever your abilities will take you and have an amazing time doing so. The average length of service at a technology company is usually less than 3 years. Most of our employees stay many years beyond that because we constantly work to improve our organization.
What does it take to be a successful employee at your company?
At Cerdant, we value customer service, hard work, passion, and kindness above all. We have tenured employees who have found success when putting each of these characteristics at the forefront of their work.
Here are some real-time incite from a few members of our Team:
- In order to be a successful employee at Cerdant “I have learned that you must be open-minded to change, motivated to grow and update your goals often to keep up. Cerdant’s culture is full of self-accountability and open communication, that is backed up by all our management team. Knowing that our management team has our backs, allow us to grow and succeed in our positions to the best of our ability. A successful employee is a team player, who is not afraid of committing to learning and growing with the intention to be a successful employee here at Cerdant.” Gail McGeachy, Project Coordinator.
- In order to be a successful employee at Cerdant, one must understand that “Success at Cerdant comes easy when you are passionate about Cyber Security and your career. It’s not a ‘job’ with the support and teamwork available here.” Jeremiah Johnson, Principle Network Engineer
- In order to be a successful employee at Cerdant you need to be “Continuously seeking to improve yourself – through a natural curiosity for knowledge and dedication to your quality of work.” Kristen Waryck, Senior Accountant
- In order to be a successful employee at Cerdant, one must understand that “Cyber Security is always evolving, so you need to be the type of person that is a life-long learner and who isn’t afraid to ask a question even if you don’t think it’s a good one.” Jake Waters, Business Development Representative
What makes Columbus such a great place to do business?
Columbus is a great place to do business because of the opportunity and community that is at the core of the city. The opportunity is endless due to the diversity of businesses, industries, and people who make our city ever-growing and changing. With change comes opportunity which has shown year after year in our city. Also, the sense of community Columbus has developed is what makes doing business here so strong. Whether you are walking down the street or sitting in a new customer meeting, Columbus supports a community feels that makes a lasting impression on those who do business here.