10 Things You May Not Know About the Chamber
From our interactions with businesses throughout the region, we’ve found that there are still some questions and misperceptions about the Chamber’s offerings. Here’s a list of the top 10 little known Chamber Facts.
- The Columbus Chamber is small business focused – 69 percent of our members have 30 employees or less.
- The Columbus Chamber thinks big. We are linked to the region’s largest employers, with more than half of the top 100 largest employers within our membership.
- The Columbus Chamber is a catalyst for the logistics industry. The Columbus Region Logistics Council, an initiative of the Columbus Chamber, is driving growth in one of Columbus’ integral industries and is the only industry-led council in the nation.
- The Columbus Chamber has a long-term investment in our members’ success. The average length of membership is seven yearsâ€”and growing.
- The Columbus Chamber extends its services and resources to businesses beyond downtown Columbus. Chamber members are based throughout Franklin County, in our neighboring seven counties, and beyond. In fact, anyone doing business in the Columbus Region can be served by the Columbus Chamber.
- The Columbus Chamber facilitates one-on-one connections. Need to reach a new customer, vendor or partner, or find information to help your business grow? Just call us. We still host some of the region’s biggest and best networking events, but you don’t have to attend events to take advantage of our business network.
- The Columbus Chamber is the region’s largest business organization. We have connections and leverage the group purchasing power of 268,000 employees.
- The Columbus Chamber is the voice of business in the Columbus Region. Our government relations team works with city, county, state and federal policymakers on behalf of business and helps businesses navigate governmental issues.
- The Columbus Chamber is firmly rooted in Columbus’ history. We are proud to have been a guiding force within this community for 130 years.
- The Columbus Chamber team serves as an extension of your workforce. Our 20+ staff members work to help your business succeed. We are former business owners, managers, front-line staff and experienced business professionals.