- This event has passed.
US Chamber of Commerce Foundation | Incorporating Inclusion
August 9 @ 8:30 am – 11:50 am
It’s critical that businesses foster inclusive cultures to attract and retain top talent and remain competitive. There are practical strategies and tangible benefits for organizations of all sizes to focus on inclusion. On August 9, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, in partnership with The Gill Foundation, is hosting an event in Columbus to support Incorporating Inclusion—a research and education initiative established to demonstrate the corporate and community value of LGBTQ-inclusive workplaces. This event is an opportunity for businesses, especially small and medium-sized businesses, and partners to learn how to build inclusive cultures inside and outside their organizations. At these half-day events, we will explore community-specific insights including:
- What is it about the local community that drives inclusion within the business community?
- What are the particular needs of small and medium-sized businesses in the region to become fully inclusive, particularly around LGBT employees and culture?
- In each community, what are effective techniques for establishing innovative and authentic inclusion policies and programs, and how can that grow employee and community engagement?
- How is the business and LGBT inclusionary landscape different now than it was before 2020?
- What are some methods for fostering a more diverse and inclusive corporate culture to help organizations fully realize the power of their employees, value chains, and stakeholders?
This event is designed for leaders across business functions and roles including human resources (HR), diversity and inclusion, legal, corporate citizenship and corporate social responsibility, workforce and talent management, economic development and empowerment, and community partnerships. We welcome attendees from organizations of all sizes looking to learn more from or connect with inclusionary leaders in their community.