March Forth to Employment Conference
March 4 @ 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Additional information regarding this virtual conference will be sent to you in the weeks leading up to the Conference. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at CapableERG@NationwideChildrens.org
There are 2 tracks for this virtual conference. The first track will focus on information valuable to individuals, families, and providers who are working towards and gaining skills for employment. The second track will highlight organizations that have successfully hired individuals with disabilities and ways employers can increase their accessibility practices. You are welcome to attend presentations within both tracks. Please be aware that some presentations under the employer track are still very appropriate for individuals, family members and professionals and vice versa. Your schedule is up to you!
• 9:00 – 10:00am: Making it work! The Keynote panel will feature Self-Advocates and their Managers/Employers from Café Bon Apetit at Denison University, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and Zanesville Steel.
• 10:30 – 11:30am: How To Support Individuals at Career Centers
• 10:30 – 11:30am: The Employer Toolkit presented by Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD)
• 12:30 – 1:30pm: Transportation Realities & Considerations. A panel of local transportation services featuring COTA, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission, Ohio Department of Transportation, and Ohio State’s Assistive Technology Center. Moderated by Macie Moore, Public Transit Manager with ODOT
• 12:30 – 1:30pm: Employer Panel #1: Employment at the Macro Level featuring Advanced Auto Parts, Auticon, Huntington Bank, and Ohio Health
• 1:45 – 2:45pm: Charting the Life Course
• 1:45 – 2:45pm: Employer Panel #2: Employment at the Micro Level featuring Blue Spectrum and Growlers
• 3:00 – 4:00pm: Self-Advocacy In The Workplace presented by Project STIR
• 3:00 – 4:00pm: Supported Employment presented by ARC Industries