- When: August 19, 2014 at 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Huntington Park, Left Field Building, 2nd Floor
330 Huntington Park Lane
Columbus, OH 43215
- Hosted By: Columbus Region Logistics Council
- Event Type: Chamber
- Event Series: Columbus Region Logistics Council Education Event
It sounds like something from a science fiction movie, but if truck vehicle technology keeps developing at the rate it has in the last 10 years, could we soon be relying on â€˜driverless vehicles and flying robots’ to deliver our packages? Vehicle safety developments like advanced emergency braking systems, adaptive cruise control and anti- sway technology in today’s trucks pave the potential of digital truck â€œconvoy/ caravanâ€ technology as a next advance on the path towards driverless vehicles.
Join us as the Columbus Region Logistics Council in partnership with the CSCMP Roundtable present â€œDriverless Logistics- Autonomous Delivery Technology.â€ At this educational event, we’ll explore the development, viability and potential of driverless truck/ drone delivery technology.
- Arda Kurt, senior research associate in Intelligent Transportation Systems and Autonomous Vehicles at The Ohio State University with expertise in autonomous vehicles, robots and related systems, telematics technology
- Matt Van Vleet, chief strategy fulfillment officer and VP Practice Development, Pillar Technology
- DJ Daugherty, software artisan, Pillar Technology with focus on delivering business value at break-neck speed
Member Price: Free
Non-Member Price: $30
Program includes networking, education, ballpark buffet followed by Clippers baseball.
For more information, contact Jeff Zimmerman, director, Columbus Region Logistics Council, at email@example.com or 614.225.6086.Register