- When: March 19, 2013 at 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Hollywood Casino Columbus
200 Georgesville Road
Columbus, Oh 43228
- Event Type: Chamber
- Event Series: Logistics Networking Nights
Join the Columbus Region Logistics Council at its first educational event of 2013
What opportunity does the Shale play hold for Central Ohio logistics? The economic development opportunities from oil and gas drilling in the Marcellus and Utica Shale have the potential to create tens of thousands of high-paying jobs, put billions into the state’s economy and provide cheap, abundant fuel. The Utica may have up to 5.6 billion barrels of oil and liquids and is being compared with the Eagle Ford Shale play (Texas). Momentum for development is coming from exploration and production company leaders like Chesapeake, Hess, Devon, CONSOL, BP and others. How do you get in the mix?
Hear directly from a panel of oil and gas experts as we explore the business opportunities coming from the Ohio shale play. Speakers include:
- Rhonda Reda, Executive Director, Ohio Oil and Gas Energy Education Program (OOGEEP) will present facts about crude oil and natural gas. OOGEEP serves as a resource to the general public and the educational, emergency response, regulatory communities. OOGEEP is the recipient of numerous national, state and regional awards.
- Linda Woggon, Executive Director, the Ohio Shale Coalition, a broad based, statewide partnership for affordable energy and jobs will lead a panel of shale play participants:
- Mark Matusick, Manager of Corporate Development, Chesapeake Energy, an active driller and producer of Oil and Natural gas; one of the early participants in the play
- Craig Kasper/ Chief Executive Officer, Hull & Associates, a Project Development and Engineering company
- Dan Lorenz/ President, Joe Knows Energy, an Oil & Gas Integrated Solutions provider
Columbus Region Logistics Council members and guests will become better informed about issues shaping the industry along with opportunity for Q & A.
Following the program presentation, a social including hors d’oeuvres and refreshments will be served.
All Hollywood Casino Columbus surface and 5-level garage parking is free. Valet parking is available at the main entrance for a small fee. Click here for directions.
This event is free for members of the Columbus Region Logistics Council and $25 for non members.Register