- When: March 20, 2020 at 8:30am - 3:30pm
Ohio University Dublin Integrated Education Center
6805 Bobcat Way
Dublin, OH 43016
- Hosted By: The City of Dublin, Ohio Dominican University, The Ohio State University, The Ohio Career Development Association, Ohio University, Columbus2020, The Columbus Chamber of Commerce, The Delaware Entrepreneurial Center and Ohio Wesleyan University
- Event Type: Member Hosted Member
On March 20th, The City of Dublin, Ohio Dominican University, The Ohio State University, The Ohio Career Development Association, Ohio University, Columbus2020, The Columbus Chamber of Commerce, The Delaware Entrepreneurial Center and Ohio Wesleyan University will welcome Dr. Robert Shindell from Intern Bridge, the nation’s leading experiential education research and consulting firm, to share a new approach to internships.
We expect the Total Internship Management Workshop to fill up quickly. Click here to learn more and register and use the early registration discount code EARLY15 to save 15% before February 7th.
The Total Internship Management Workshop has been accredited by both HRCI and SHRM-PDC. Attendees will receive 6 CEU credits. Just a few of the topics based on in-depth research and proven strategies that will be covered in this full-day, highly interactive and participatory workshop include:
- Effectively implementing an impactful internship program;
- Engaging interns with meaningful work assignments;
- Identifying future hires through a no-strings-attached 12-week interview;
- Creating and maintaining a pipeline of highly qualified and educated full-time job candidates
- Increasing your organization’s brand awareness on university and college campuses.
Everyone knows the value of internships, but does your organization run a strong intern program that maintains a pipeline of highly qualified candidates for full-time roles? Internships and other forms of experiential education help students make a seamless transition to the world of work and are a perfect vehicle to increase retention rates, complete short-term projects, and identify future hires.
A recent NACE survey found that only 8% of intern tasks involved clerical and non-essential work responsibilities. The other 92% was higher-level work such as data analysis, problem-solving, and logistics. A quality intern can contribute to your company’s productivity immediately.
Later, interns who become full-time employees at the one-year mark are almost 30% more likely than other hires to still be at your company.
Those who have attended previous Intern Bridge workshops have found that the program is helping their company to work toward these intern program benefits.
“Dr. Shindell did a great job of communication and sharing practical ideas to help develop and grow internship programs. The workshop was a great event connecting regional academic and businesses together,” one workshop attendee commented.
“We have an established program with 70+ summer interns at more than 15 locations but I still learned a lot about how we can improve our program. I’m walking away with a list of ways to improve and action items. It was a great session and well worth the time,” said another participant after attending the Total Internship Management Workshop.
We expect this workshop to fill up quickly. Don’t miss your chance to move your company toward its internship goals — register now.Register