Member Spotlight by Wells Fargo
Provide us with a brief summary of your business’ services.
Wells Fargo’s Commercial Bank proudly serves Central Ohio with experienced team members who understand the local economy and business environment, make decisions locally, and strive to bring expertise from across the bank to the Columbus market.
Our primary customers are privately held, family-owned businesses with annual revenues ranging from $5 million to $2 billion. We help our clients grow their business, manage risk, and reach their financial and strategic goals by providing advice, products, and services specifically tailored to their needs. Our broad range of products and services include:
- Revolving and term financing for working capital, acquisitions, business expansion, real estate, and equipment needs
- A comprehensive suite of treasury management products to manage the cash cycle and create back-room efficiencies through automation
- Investment banking and capital markets advisory services to meet acquisition and growth objectives
- Asset management products and services to generate enhanced returns on idle capital
- Private banking for business owners and executives
- Business valuation and succession planning services
- International business services
- Derivative products to manage interest rate and commodity risk exposure
Our clients include manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, importers, and service companies. We also have expertise and tailored services for specific industries such as beverage, food and agribusiness, technology, heavy equipment sale and rental, staffing services, logistics, defense and aerospace, ESOP finance and advisory, higher education, not-for-profit, waste and recycling, local government banking, real estate development, and healthcare.
Tell us about your company’s mission and values.
We want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. This unites us around a simple premise: Customers can be better served when they have a relationship with a trusted provider that knows them well, provides reliable guidance, and can serve their full range of financial needs.
Five primary values guide every action we take:
- What’s right for customers. We place customers at the center of everything we do. We want to exceed customer expectations and build relationships that last a lifetime.
- People as a competitive advantage. We strive to attract, develop, motivate, and retain the best team members — and collaborate across businesses and functions to serve customers.
- We’re committed to the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and principled performance. We do the right thing, in the right way, and hold ourselves accountable.
- Diversity and inclusion. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of business and at all levels. Success comes from inviting and incorporating diverse perspectives.
- We’re all called to be leaders. We want everyone to lead themselves, lead the team, and lead the business — in service to customers, communities, team members, and shareholders.
What are the services you use the most (or are looking forward to using) from the Columbus Chamber?
Our local team strives to have a positive impact on the communities in which we work and live. We accomplish this by helping great Central Ohio companies succeed and by supporting charitable causes that are important to our team members. We partnered with the Columbus Chamber because of this shared goal: to advance a thriving Central Ohio by helping businesses grow and flourish. We rely on the chamber’s business connection services to align our team members with thought leaders, networking opportunities, and insights. We value the vast resources that the Chamber of Commerce offers to the Central Ohio marketplace.
How do you stay engaged with trends that you see in your industry?
The local Wells Fargo Commercial Banking team stays abreast of trends that affect each of the diverse industries we serve by keeping an active dialogue with clients and prospects and deploying the bank’s expertise from its vast market connectivity nationally and internationally. We want to know our customers and understand their business, then provide value by leveraging the scale of Wells Fargo to operate as one Commercial Banking team while making decisions locally. We are the #1 bank in the U.S. for primary and total relationship market share for the middle market, and the #2 SBA (a) lender in dollars and units. This gives us a unique view into just about any industry you can imagine. We develop, retain, and attract the best talent with a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Relationships
are, and always will be, about people. Thus, to understand trends and bring that knowledge to our valued clients, our people are critical. We embrace a culture of learning, rapid feedback, and continuous improvement. In addition, we hold ourselves accountable for effectively managing all risk.
Twitter: @WellsFargo and #WellsFargo
Facebook: @WellsFargo and #WellsFargo
LinkedIn: @WellsFargo and #WellsFargo
Instagram: @WellsFargo and #WellsFargo