Member Insights by Ability Chiropractic
It’s easy to admit that back pain is, to say the least, limiting. But when you think of it in terms of your life—of what you can’t provide for your friends and family, of the hours lost, and of quality time wasted—back pain becomes more than an inconvenience. When you break it down it looks like this:
- You lose the memories you should be making with your kids when you’re confined to the couch. Sudden pain and flare-ups can mean missing out on family time.
- Waking up energized and ready to tackle the day is nothing more than a dream when you’re tossing and turning or waking up unexpectedly throughout the night due to an aching back.
- Traveling becomes an impossibility, whether it’s across the country on a plane or across town for drinks with friends. Your back pain is keeping you from the adventures you wish to have.
- Sitting through your daughter’s piano recital, nephew’s football game, or a Broadway show without an intermission…instead of being entertaining is excruciating on your spine.
- When you should be impressing potential business partners playing golf at a company outing or networking event, neck and back pain force you to sit it out and let others take the lead.
- How long can a report or project hold your attention when you’re constantly distracted by pain? Productivity at work suffers when your focus is always on your discomfort.
- Romantic relationships and the quality of time spent with your partner suffer when you’re limited by back pain.
- Doing the things that bring you joy, like working in your yard and garden, taking your dog on long walks, or playing flag football with your family on Thanksgiving, all take a backseat to not risking a flare-up.
- While you may not realize it, being in a constant state of pain increases stress on the body, which weakens the immune system and can cause you to be sick more often and for longer periods of time.
- An irrefutable side effect of back pain is a diminished mood. Constant pain may leave you easily provoked by the suggestions of a coworker, snapping at your kids, or becoming frustrated by things that you used to find amusement in.
The bottom line is that you + back pain is not really you. Take the first step now. Call Ability Chiropractic and make an appointment with one of our Central Ohio Chiropractors in Worthington, Westerville, Gahanna, or Lewis Center. At Ability Chiropractic, your care is about more than getting you out of pain, it’s about crossing all of these off your list so you can be yourself again!