Columbus, Ohio, September 11, 2019 – The Conway Center for Family Businessand more than 500 business leaders are set to honor leading Central Ohio family businesses at the 21stAnnual Family Business Awards Programfrom noon to 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 13 at the Hilton Columbus in Easton Town Center, 3900 Chagrin Drive, Columbus, Ohio.
In addition, luncheon guests and more than 50 family businesses and advisers will network and showcase products and services at the Family Business Expo from10 a.m. to noon, before the annual awards program.
The Family Business Awards Program was established in 1999 to recognize excellence in family business and has honored over 250 Central Ohio family businesses in the last 21 years. The 2019 awards program will recognize 26 Central Ohio businesses in eight categories. Angela An, Channel 10 morning anchor, will emcee. This year’s honorees include:
Family Business of the Year
- Sutphen Corp.
- Howard Smith, Wilson Bohannan Lock Company
- Outreach Promotional Solutions
- Chris Ahlum, Ahlum & Arbor Tree Preservation
- Watkins Printing Company
- Andy Wasserstrom, Advance Sign Group
- Johnson’s Real Ice Cream – Small Sized Company
- Gordon Flesch Company – Large Sized Company
- 10 years – C&A Benefits Group
- 20 years – Choice Property Resources
- 25 years – Eclipse Corp
- 30 years – Jendco Safety Supply Inc,
- 30 years – IGS
- 35 years – Flood Heliarc
- 35 years – Air Force One
- 35 years – PATH
- 40 years – Mid Ohio Strategic Technologies
- 40 years – Warman Productions
- 40 years – Cashmans Horse Equipment
- 40 years – Suburban Steel Supply Co. LLC
- 50 years – Charles Penzone Incorporated
- 65 years – DaNite Sign Company
- 70 years – Kirk Williams Co
- 100 years – Harrop Industries
- 100 years – Lynd Fruit Farm
- 100 years – The Fred D. Pfening Company
The Family Business Awards Program is made possible through the generous support ofDispatch Media Group, First Merchants Bank, Gryphon Financial Partners, Ricart Automotive, Rider + Reinke Financial Group, and Taft/.
# # #
ABOUT THE CONWAY CENTER
TheConway Center for Family Businessis Central Ohio’s resource for educational programs, resources and networking opportunities to support the growth and success of family-owned businesses. The Center celebrates the successes of family-owned businesses at its annual awards program and offers peer group opportunities for next-generation leaders, family business leaders, women family business owners, and more. The organization includes approximately 200 family-owned business members from Central Ohio that employ more than 25,000 individuals and is assisted by more than 30 service provider members. The Conway Center celebrated its 20th Anniversary in 2018.