June 4, 2019 Columbus, OH—Each year, Women for Economic and Leadership Development (WELD) recognizes a diverse group of twelve women in the central Ohio community who are high impact leaders within their organizations, support the leadership development of other women, give time, talent and resources to their community, and invest in the growth of women-owned businesses.
WELD President & CEO Barb Smoot shares, “WELD’s Columbus Chapter is thrilled to announce the names of the diverse group of talented leaders who will be featured as its 2020 calendar honorees. The theme of the calendar is Moving Forward: Run, Don’t Walk! In countless ways, these women are indeed WELDing the Way® and making a difference in the community at a rapid pace. They inspire others by living WELD’s mission to develop and advance women’s leadership to strengthen the economic prosperity of the communities we serve.”
WELD honors the achievements of these notable women in our annual Women WELDing the Way® calendar. Join WELD in recognizing the 2020 class of amazing women:
- Victoria Beckman, Partner, Frost Brown Todd
- Toni Cunningham, Managing Director, Per Scholas
- Joyce Edelman, Partner/Chair of the Women’s Leadership Initiative, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Claudia Herrington, Esq., CCEP, Senior Director of Compliance, JobsOhio
- Mary Howard, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, Executive Director, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, EastHospital
- Erika Clark Jones, Executive Director, CelebrateOne, City of Columbus
- Deborah Manos-McHenry, Senior Vice President and Consumer Finance Technology Operations Director, TheHuntington National Bank
- Somers Martin, Director, Small & Diverse Businesses, Columbus Chamber
- Terri W. Meldrum, Esq., Senior Vice President and General Counsel, OhioHealth Corporation
- Jennifer Peterson, Chief Executive, Easton, Steiner + Associates
- Élise Spriggs, Senior Vice President, Associate and External Relations, State Auto Insurance Companies
- Michelle Wong-Halabi, Partner, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, LLP
The 2020 Women WELDing the Way® honorees will be recognized at a November 7, 2019, 6:00pm-8:00pm, reception at the Ohio Statehouse Atrium.
WELD is proud to announce that Katie Morris, Lead, Marketing Performance, Alliance Data, and Kara Spinosi, IT Process Adoption Manager, Nationwide Insurance, are the volunteer co-chairs who are leading the development of the calendar and the planning of the reception.
WELD’s mission is to develop and advance women’s leadership to strengthen the economic prosperity of thecommunities it serves. For more information on WELD, visit www.weldusa.org.