Member Spotlight by David Schoettmer, President and Founder, Navigator Management Partners
Provide us with a brief summary of your business’ services.
Navigator Management Partners is a management and information technology consulting firm. We work with our clients to plan and execute on projects that introduce large, complex change to their businesses, often involving significant organizational and process improvements for their core administrative functions. We are certified integrators of leading cloud software packages including Workday, Oracle, SAP, Tableau, and Cloudera, among others. We are a certified training and delivery partner of Prosci® methodology for organizational change.
What sets us apart?
- Top Talent with Deep Industry Expertise: We offer depth of industry expertise along with certified technical and organizational change consultants. Our consultants have an average of 12+ years of consulting experience, and are regularly acknowledged as industry thought leaders;
- Proven Capabilities: Our program / project management, organizational change management (OCM), business intelligence and analytics, business analysis and process design, enterprise solution strategy, testing and deployment, and proven delivery methodology (Beacon) are key success factors with our clients;
- Client Satisfaction: Approaching nearly 20 years in business, our annual client satisfaction levels have been as high as 100%, and never below 96%, measured using multiple indicators for validation; and
- Partnerships: We partner with the market-leading providers of Cloud ERP, BI solutions and OCM, including Workday, Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Cloudera, and Prosci®.
All of these differentiators allow us to advise clients on solving tough business challenges in ways that improve operational performance and drive sustainable results, ultimately delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Tell us about your company’s mission and values.
Our mission is to bring market-leading consulting to organizations to help them successfully navigate the course of change. We strive to be a consulting firm that spans the need from Strategy and Management Consulting through delivery of IT and OCM services that enable a successful systems implementation.
We live and breathe our 5 core values:
- Commitment – We care deeply about our clients and are fully vested in helping them succeed.
- Collaboration – Our clients rely on us as a collaborative business partner – the one they call when the challenge is great and the stakes are high.
- Integrity – A high-level of integrity is the foundation for our actions and decisions each day.
- Transparency – We communicate candidly, gladly sharing information that can help us help each other and our clients.
- Community – We love the communities where we live and work. We have roots and are actively involved, personally and professionally.
What are the services you use the most (or are looking forward to using) from the Columbus Chamber?
We are really excited about leveraging the Chamber’s relationships and strategic connections in the community.
How do you stay engaged with trends that you see in your industry?
In the training and professional development area – we encourage our employees to remain as up-to-date as possible and assist with that effort by allocating thousands of dollars per employee per year to continue to develop and grow. We attend, and often present, at conferences and user groups that are focused on our core capabilities and solutions. We hold an average of two certifications / advanced degrees per employee, and that number continues to grow.
On the change management side, we focus on Prosci® certifications and have several trainers on staff. An astonishing 60% of our employees are certified as a Prosci® change management practitioners, and we are the sole Prosci® authorized training partner in the United States. Change Management is a crucial element in successful project delivery. According to Prosci®, projects that engage organizational change management (OCM) are six times more likely to exceed project objectives than projects that do not engage OCM. This helps to explain our high client satisfaction ratings.
What is your company culture like?
We pride ourselves in fostering a work environment that is open and transparent. At Navigator, there are four key areas of focus for our business– financials, client, human capital, and operational effectiveness. Each quarter, we invite the entire team together and review our balanced scorecard, which measures our progress in each of these areas, because we want them to be as invested and engaged in our success as our top executives.
We are proud of the communities we call home and we want to give back to these communities. Each year, Navigator allocates a generous amount fo time and money for community giving and we encourage our employees to do the same. This has led to Navigator being recognized as a Columbus Business First Corporate citizenship (formerly known as Corporate Caring) award finalist for 11 years running! Supporting the communities we serve isn’t a corporate goal, it’s a personal responsibility.
What does it take to be a successful employee at your company?
Drive, commitment to client success, and collaboration.
What makes Columbus such a great place to do business?
We love Columbus for many reasons, including the diversity and caliber of talent, the commitment to community, and the supportive culture for the betterment of the region. We are proud to call Columbus home.