We asked our workers' compensation provider what characteristics make a company a good candidate for this savings program. Here's what they said:
- A start-up company with a new workers’ compensation policy can qualify year 1 for maximum discount allowed by BWC towards their premium. A business does not have to wait 1-2 years to qualify for discounts as they may in other states.
- Current on all premiums, administrative costs, assessments, fines, etc. due to BWC (not more than 45 days past the due date by the group rating application deadline of February 28th)
- Have no cumulative lapses in workers’ compensation coverage of 40 days in the past 12 months preceding the application deadline
- Credit-rated or base-rated
- Utilization of a transitional work program
- Lower claims costs than expected for industry/manual classification
- Low turnover – stable workforce
- Safety minded organization – senior management that is active in developing and managing a safety plan to reduce and/or eliminate workforce injury claims
- Organization that utilizes hiring best practices to attract quality employees
- Aggressive claims management philosophy and coordination with a third party administrator for representation to reduce claim costs
A no-nonsense guide to signing up for the Columbus Chamber’s workers’ compensation program. It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3 !
- Request a free, no-obligation quote through one of the following quick and easy methods:
- a. Over the Phone – contact our third party administrator, CompManagement at (800) 825-6755, option 3 and speak to a Customer Support representative
- b. Complete Online – click here http://resources.compmgt.com/AC3/GroupRating.aspx?Organization=ColumbusChamber
- Watch your mail for information from CompManagement on your Group Savings Estimate
- Complete the enrollment materials and return to CompManagment by the Group Rating application filing deadline of February 26, 2010
Guest post by CompManagement, the Columbus Chamber's Workers' Compensation provider.
View more information on Columbus Chamber Savings Programs here.