10. You’ll be entertained. We have international ballet, major league sports, more park space per capita, fabulous restaurants, world-class golf, museums, art galleries, concerts and more.
9. You’ll live longer: We care about the environment, encourage bicycling, and were voted a top place to retire.
8. Your dollar stretches. We boast a low cost of living – including housing prices: Columbus was ranked the most affordable market for home buyers!
7. You can work AND play. Our low commute times take you back home or around town in time for evening activities.
6. There are numerous opportunities for employment. From our 14 Fortune 1,000 companies, to entrepreneurs, and everything in between, our economy is made up of diverse industries.
5. You’ll feel young. The age of Columbus residents is below the national average. Columbus is one of the top 10 blogging communities in the nation. Our workforce is young, educated and dedicated. Plus, with more than 115,000 college students surrounding you, who wouldn’t feel young?
4. Location, location, location. Columbus is the center of the Midwest. We’re a one-day drive or one hour flight of nearly half the population – so friends and family can visit easily.
3. We’re smart. We’re home to The Ohio State University, one of the top public universities in the nation, plus 24 other colleges and universities. Our population exceeds the national average in educational attainment.
2. We’re open. As a Midwest city, we’re friendly. It’s easy to get connected and we’re one of the top cities for volunteerism.
1. Don’t you want to see what all the buzz is about? Money Magazine rates Columbus the eight best city in which to live. We’ve been ranked the best metro for business; the #1 up-and-coming tech city, the ninth most affordable place to live, and are home to many of the nation’s â€œbest places to work.â€ And, we’re home to the state capital. Things are happening here. Check out why Columbus is the best of everything!