Greater Columbus is a thriving metropolitan area of 1.75 million people (Columbus is the 15th largest city in the U.S.) at the heart of the largest concentration of population and economic activity in North America.
Already the second-fastest growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest, the entire community is seizing new opportunities to propel Greater Columbus into the ranks of the nation's most innovative, attractive and business-friendly communities. At the core of these efforts is the region's leading business organization, the Columbus Chamber of Commerce.
Read more about Columbus's recent success here:
MarketWatch.com Report Lists Columbus as the 7th Best City for Business
Columbus Region Quick Facts:
- Eight-county region
- 28 cities and villages with 4,000+ population
- Metropolitan area spans 4,000 square miles
- 1.75 million people in the region, the greatest concentration is in Franklin County where 1.1 million people reside
- Annual growth of 1.1%
- Second-fastest major metropolitan statistical area (MSA) growth in the Midwest
- Driving Ohio’s population growth*
- 20 colleges and universities
- 110,000 college students
- Home to 15 Fortune 1,000 headquarters
City of Columbus Quick Facts:
- State capital
- Largest Ohio city (733,203)
- 15th largest city in the U.S.
*Ohio's population growth since 2000