In the News
We are getting noticed around the region and the globe. Read how the Columbus Chamber, our members and the Columbus business community are making headlines.
To arrange an interview with a member of the Columbus Chamber team, contact:
Michelle Bretscher, APR
Vice President, Marketing and Communication
W: (614) 225.6908
May 10, 2012
Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop Brings Back Pink Ribbon Donut Benefitting Komen Columbus' Race for the Cure
From a Tim Hortons Press Release:
DUBLIN, Ohio (May 7, 2012) - Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop Columbus-area restaurant owners are going pink this May with the return of the Pink Ribbon Donut benefitting the Columbus Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
The specialty donut, which retails for $1, comes in two varieties; a ring donut dipped in pink fondant or a ring donut dipped in vanilla fondant topped with pink sprinkles. The Pink Ribbon Donut is available at participating Columbus-area Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop restaurants May 7 through May 19. One-hundred percent of the proceeds from each donut sale benefits Komen Columbus.
"As Columbus' hometown coffee, we are proud to help support shining local organizations like Komen Columbus," said Mike Meilleur, senior VP of U.S. operations. "We hope our Columbus guests add a Pink Ribbon Donut to their daily order and help in the fight against breast cancer."
"This is an exciting partnership and we are thrilled that Tim Hortons is a supporter of our mission," said Katie Carter, executive director of Komen Columbus. "Every dollar raised will help us provide vital breast health services to men and women in our 30-county service area and to help fund breast cancer research."
The Pink Ribbon Donut is now in its sixth year raising funds for Komen Columbus. Restaurant owners hope to sell more than 16,000 donuts in just two weeks. Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop has been a sponsor of the annual Race for the Cure Columbus event since 2005. To learn more about Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop, visit www.timhortons.com or follow on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TimHortonsUS) and Twitter (@TimHortonsUS).
About Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop
Tim Hortons is one of the largest publicly-traded restaurant chains in North America based on market capitalization. Operating in the quick service segment of the restaurant industry, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of consumer tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, espresso-based specialty coffees including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots, specialty teas, home-style soups, fresh sandwiches, wraps, hot breakfast sandwiches and fresh baked goods, including our trademark donuts. As of January 1, 2012, Tim Hortons had 714 restaurants in the United States and 4,014 restaurants systemwide. For more information, visit www.timhortons.com.
About Komen Columbus
Komen Columbus has raised more than $21 million since it began in 1993. 75 percent of that money stays in its 30-county service area and is used to conduct breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The other 25 percent goes to Susan G. Komen for the Cure to fund national breast cancer research programs. For more information, please visit www.komencolumbus.org or call the Komen Columbus office at (614) 297-8155.